Subject: Re: Unable to boot 1.6 GENERIC on ePods
To: Matthew Braun <mjbraun@enteract.com>
From: None <toddpw@toddpw.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/13/2003 11:22:46
> and configure my CF on another machine (actually a TiBook to make
> matters weirder), but WinCE freaks and reformats the card, so I'd
> prefer to let sysinst do its magic.

WinCE reformats the card because you do not have a DOS partition table with
an MSDOS filesystem in one of the partitions.

When I first got my Workpad z50 going, I recorded the process here:
	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-hpcmips/2000/04/20/0002.html

The bits you are interested in is that I created a small DOS partition and
allowed WinCE to format it for me; the only gotcha is that you must wipe
the DOS partition (or at least the front), to force WinCE to recreate it
using the new partition size. I originally re-sized the partitions without
doing this; WinCE happily trusted the old FAT filesystem and wrote all over
the previous DOS partition, stomping part of my new NetBSD partition.

--
Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ toddpw.org