Subject: Re: NetBSD 1.6 on IBM WorkPad z50
To: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
From: Kazuya Togashi <kaz@yandk.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/26/2002 18:50:00
billy ball wrote:
> ah! but prices for 1GB microdrives and 24X CF are falling! (just picked up
> a 256MB CF for US$49 last week at MicroCenter here in Northern Virginia)..

i thought about getting 1GB microdrive but it still costs over $200 on
ebay. i will wait for a while...

>>i recentlly installed "dillo" browser on my z50 and it works very
>>nicely. love it!
>

> any quick tips on download/config/install? i usually use the text-only
> 'links' browser via SSH (as mouse clicks and menus work in rxvt!)...

i simply "pkg_add" from NetBSD 1.6 package archive. it should work with
1.5.x as well.
http://wuarchive.wustl.edu/mirrors/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/pkgsrc/www/dillo/README.html

as for the configuration, i only changed default window size to 640x480.
Following page is very useful resource to get started with dillo.
http://dillo.cipsga.org.br/dillo-help.html

i use links a lot too and really like it but sometimes want to see
"real" web pages. i think dillo is the perfect browser for z50. it's
fast too (not as fast as links though...)

kaz