Subject: Re: Loading v1.6 on Intermec 6651
To: Joe Steele <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: FUKAUMI Naoki <naoki@fukaumi.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/23/2002 18:44:00
At Mon, 23 Dec 2002 18:01:32 +0900,
TAKEMURA Shin wrote:
> > I have done some research so I know this has been solved by other people,
> > but my Japanese is rusty. 8^(
>
> I've tried to digged up the article from the port-hpcmips-ja ML but
> I can't find any one which says that he've succeeded to boot on VJ2C.

  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-mips/2001/04/12/0001.html

Some people seem to use VJ2C in Japan.
(above mail is too old. Currently, TX3922 cpu is supported by GENERIC
 kernel)

I have VJ1C. Sometimes it fails from booting. I did full-reset (push side
and bottom reset switch together) some times to boot NetBSD.
And, sometimes it needs more memory to boot NetBSD. Recent GENERIC kernel
is bigger than old one.

Joe, plese try full-reset, and/or change program/storage memory setting
in "WindowsCE control panel" before boot NetBSD.

Of course, use GENERIC kernel and select VJ1C entry in boot loader.

--
FUKAUMI Naoki