Subject: Loading v1.6 on Intermec 6651
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Joe Steele <joesteele@hotmail.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 12/21/2002 19:50:03
Hello all,

For those of you working on this product, great job! I have enjoyed playing
with it. I hope to help out myself once I learn a little more about drivers
on BSD.

Here's the problem - I am trying to load v1.6 on my Intermec 6651 (equiv of
Telios HC-VJ2C) and having little success so far. I have tried booting the
generic kernel as a Sharp HC-VJ1C or HC-AJ1/AJ2. But it never completes the
boot.

Booting as HC-VJ1C the last line of the boot log is:
"jump to 0x81d6d000 (info=0x81d6c000, pvec=0x816c5000)"

Booting as HC-AJ1/AJ2 the last line of the boot log is:
"jump to 0x81dae000 (info=0x81dad000, pvec=0x816ba000)"

The only other error I get is an error during the boot before the lockup,
"no symbol and/or string table in binary. (not fatal)". I have the symbols
there so I am not sure why I am getting this. But it did not bother my
PenCentra install so I ignored it.

I have done some research so I know this has been solved by other people,
but my Japanese is rusty. 8^(
(and the free translation engines are not quite up to the task)  I have also
started trying to recompile a debug version of hpcboot.exe for my machine,
but I am still working on it.

Thanks for any help!

Joe Steele