Subject: emacs-20.7+canna dumps core
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Callanan <sc843@bard.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/29/2002 03:02:22
Dear mailing list:

I recently attempted to install emacs-20.7 on my z50. I applied all the
NetBSD packages (from pkgsrc) and the emcws patch (for Canna support).
When I ran the program under X, I got a Signal 11 and the program dumped
core. Amusingly (or not), when I pointed gdb at the core (gdb /.../emcws
-c emcws.core), gdb itself dumped core so I can't give you a backtrace.
When I ran the program in the console, I had no problems. It worked like
a charm, including the Canna support! So right now I am running it under
kterm with the -nw option and at least I can work.
Is there anyone who has had this problem and/or knows what to do about it?

Sincerely,
Sean Callanan