Subject: Re: NetBSD on Clio 1050...
To: None <jun@soum.co.jp>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/28/2002 12:54:18
In message: <20021129034409J.jun@soum.co.jp>
            Jun Ebihara <jun@soum.co.jp> writes:
: From: "Joe Steele" <joesteele@hotmail.com>
: Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 10:15:04 -0800
:
: > Another hpcmips machine available new in the US (on eBay at least) is the
: > Intermec 6651. It is the same as the Sharp Telios HC-7000. It is MUCH faster
: > than the Clio. It is not cheap though. I picked one up for $375.
:
: in Japan,Sigmarion II is a funky choice for hpcmips mania.
:  - small size
:  - TypeII CF & USB
:  - Vr4131 180MHz (version 0xc80 CPU bugs makes hungs)
:  - costs almost 20000-25000 JPY (Under $200)

Sounds like a sweet box.

: but still unstable, because Vr4131 bugs (when pipeline choice fail?)

Am I likely to run into the Vr4131 bugs with the LROUTER board I
picked up while in Japan?

I was looking to get that machine finally going after having it sit
idle for 1 year to do 'native' compiles for my mobilepro 780...

I've also had big problems trying to dump | restore my mobilepro 780
with two disks.  One disk seems OK, but the second disk seems to make
it hang more often.  I've tried several different second disks, both
IDE and scsi, and I always get a panic or hang when I try to do:

	newfs /dev/wd1a
	newfs /dev/wd1e
	mount /dev/wd1a /mnt
	mkdir /mnt/hpcmips
	mount /dev/wd1e /mnt/hpcmips
	cd /mnt
	dump 0f - /dev/rwd0a | restore -rf -

Sometimes I die in the second newfs (since it is on a 18G partition),
but usually it survives until the dump/restore.  I get about 2-3%
through and I get: a) hard lockup; b) panic in aiodoned; c) panic with
TLB not in universe.  After 10 tries, I'm a little frustrated.

I can do the following:
	dd if=/dev/wd0c of=/nfs/big/wd0-dd bs=32k
without probelms.  I can almost do:
	dump 0f /nfs/big/wd0-dump /dev/rwd0a
but it hangs in netio state after about 80%-90% done.

Last year at this time I was at least able to do the dump w/o any
hangs.
Warner