Subject: Re: trouble rebooting -current on Z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Bochmann <ab@lists.gxis.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/25/2002 10:26:52
Hi,

...on Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 09:33:52PM -0500, billy ball wrote:

 > On Sun, 24 Nov 2002, Alexander Bochmann wrote:
 > > Well currently, I can't turn the thing back
 > > on, regardless of how long I remove the
 > > batteries :(
 > who needs batteries in the z50?

Well, the idea is that I want to use it as
a mobile device some time when I have finished
playing with NetBSD setups. :)

 > remove all batteries... plug in adapter... take a paperclip, stick it in
 > the small hole on bottom... press power button to reset...

Yes, yes, I know that's the theory...

In practice, when I connected the power this morning,
the Z50 finally booted - but it didn't the two or
three days before after extactly the same procedure,
although I think I know how it's supposed to work...

Alex.