Subject: Re: SCSI?
To: None <thomas.miller@lycos.com>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@bsdimp.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/24/2002 21:20:45
In message: <ECNKGPCKMGANMBAA@mailcity.com>
            "Thomas Miller" <thomas.miller@lycos.com> writes:
: Not exactly the same problem, since not scsi, but awhile back i
: bought a 9 Gig IBM PCMCIA Travelstar to use with my z50.  IIRC, the
: same thing happened to me, but without the crashes: disklabel and
: fdisk worked, but newfs didn't work.  My z50 didn't crash, however.
: I lost patience quickly, and just formatted the drive in an i386
: laptop.  The drive's been working fine with the z50 ever since.  In
: fact, it's compiling -current right now.  Too bad I never understood
: why the z50's newfs didn't seem to work.

Well, the 20G drive newfs'd fine...

Warner