Subject: Re: trouble rebooting -current on Z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/24/2002 22:44:34
On 24.11.02, 22:06:17, Alexander Bochmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> ...on Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 02:38:19PM -0600, Jolan Luff wrote:
>
>  > > I would really prefer to have a way to get the
>  > > system to reliably reboot into WinCE instead of
>  > > this erratic behaviour. Is there any?
>  > i just type "halt" and then disconnect & reconnect the power
>  > sources.
>
> Well currently, I can't turn the thing back
> on, regardless of how long I remove the
> batteries :(

You also need to remove the backupt batteries. If you only use NetBSD I
recommend you do not use backup batteries at all, since there is no use
for them anyway.

On my z50 I only need to remove the power supply plug and the battery
for a second, and then I can restart the machine with a real cold boot.

Quite annoying, but still works.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD - Scalability Does Matter.