Subject: Re: z50 Internal Modem Device Name (Was: Re: z50 Modem is it a soft modem?)
To: Jolan Luff <jolan@encryptedemail.net>
From: Thomas Miller <thomas.miller@lycos.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/12/2002 19:38:00
On Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:04:34
 Jolan Luff wrote:
>On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 04:52:50PM -0500, Thomas Miller wrote:
>> What is the device name for the z50 internal modem (needed for the first line of /etc/ppp/options)?
>
>There's no driver, hence no device name.  How do you >intend to use ppp when there's no driver?

Well, my z50 works with an external modem connected to the serial port.  It also works with a pcmcia modem.  I don't understand why it would need anything much different to work with the internal modem.  Could you please explain to me in a little more detail what might need to be done to get the internal modem working?

Outgrown your current e-mail service? Get 25MB Storage, POP3 Access,
Advanced Spam protection with LYCOS MAIL PLUS.