Subject: NetBSD n00by questions
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: =?Windows-1252?Q?Vir=E1gh_Barnab=E1s?= <bhs@ludens.elte.hu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/01/2002 10:36:59
- How to set up an additional console on my E-100, to be able to reach it,
when ti's not booted in "console mode"?
I have figured out, that something in the /etc/ttys has to be modifying...
mybe also in the /etc/gettytab... but what?
When I try to config like:
ttyd0    "/usr/libexec/getty std.9600"    vt100    on secure
at startup NetBSD will print out, that ttyd0 is not configured. The same for
ttyU0, ttyE1... so, how to configure these to get work?
- Which devices in the /dev direcotry are the infra red and the COM ports?
- How to configure NetBSD to login automaticaly?
- How to start X at startup?
- How to hook hpcapm: suspend rquest, to run a script?
by the way (on my E-100 it doesn't suspend at all, just write's a message,
and nothing happens)
- Is there any kind of X program which emulates a keyboard? (and is small
enough to display on a 240x320 screen)