Subject: Re: NetBSD on Cassiopeia E-100?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: =?Windows-1252?Q?Vir=E1gh_Barnab=E1s?= <bhs@ludens.elte.hu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/31/2002 01:21:40
I have made some progress on the field of bboting up NetBSD on E-100. It
boots up, starts up the sysinst, I can partition my CF card, and here comes
the problems!!!

I have partitioned up my CF card the following way:
0 - 40 Megs msdos partition (with the installation binaries, and the boot
kernel...)
41-123 Megs NetBSD partition

In the partition label what so ever, I have set up the followings: (on
device wd0)

a: 41-120 4.2BSD type partition, mount point: root (/)
b: 121-123 swap type partition
c: seem to be the whole CF card
d: seems to be a BSD partition
e: 0-40 msdos type partition, mount point: /msdos

after this I select custom install, and to install from an unmounted
filesystem.
At that point, I have tried everything! There are 3 parameters of this kind
of install, the device (which should be wd0e, shouldn't be?), the file
system (which is msdos) and directory, which is "binary/sets" (as it is in
WinCE: "Storage Card/binary/sets").

After these settings, it always drops an error that says: "can not be
mounted ... direcotry on ... device".

So what the heck could be done, in this case??? Please! HELP!!!