Subject: Re: Getting 1.6 to boot
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/16/2002 02:00:49
I have also experienced problems getting the 1.6 kernel to boot on my
z50.

Same symptoms; kernal is not able to access wd, eventually times out
with messages like this:

wd0d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd0 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
wdc1:0:0: lost interrupt
       type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip:0
wdc1:0:0 recal drive fault

It's good to know that I can grab a 1.5Z kernel to get things working
in the short term.  Does anyone know where I can grab said kernel off
the web?

-russ