Subject: Re: Z50 and ssh
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Alexander Bochmann <ab@lists.gxis.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/12/2002 23:59:11
Hi,

...on Sun, Aug 11, 2002 at 10:53:45AM -0500, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:

 > >  (I've noticed key exchange delays shelling into a 75MHz Sparc 20,
 > 	using SSH2 (DSA) keys when SSH'ing to my 33MHz sparc 10, it can take
 > a couple of minutes. however SSH1 is still acceptably fast. it should also

The following won't help you for the Z50...

...but try recompiling your openssl on the sparc
with -mcpu=supersparc (or -msupersparc with older
gcc's), which will give a major performance boost
on supersparc CPUs (as in SS5, 10, 20, and the like).
On my SS10 with 50MHz CPU waiting for ssh2 login is
barely noticeable now...

Any usefull compiler flags for the Z50's CPU out
there? :)

Alex.