Subject: Re: Z50 and ssh
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/11/2002 10:53:45
>  (I've noticed key exchange delays shelling into a 75MHz Sparc 20,

	using SSH2 (DSA) keys when SSH'ing to my 33MHz sparc 10, it can take
a couple of minutes. however SSH1 is still acceptably fast. it should also
be pointed out that most SSH servers on sparcs, are compiled to be
compatible with the sparcv7 architecture; the newer ones (even a sparc 10)
have an extra instruction or two which really speeds things up. (and no, I
don't remember what the compile option is, off the top of my head).

>  but not anything like 2 minutes when using a MobilePro 800, which
>  is ~ 141Mhz MIPS chip i think).

	I think mine was fairly speedy to log into, actually. I don't have
it installed right now (the v1.5.2 installer broke on my machine and I went
on to do other things instead of troubleshooting it), or I'd give it a test.

Carl Soderstrom
--
Systems Administrator
Real-Time Enterprises