Subject: Re: Installing additional sets manually
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: josh <dorqus@bsdfreek.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 08/02/2002 09:46:21
Uzair Aqeel, esq. wrote...
> 1) What's the most painless way to get a web browser
> onto my system? Right now, I'm telnet-ing to servers
> and requesting pages manually, so basically anything
> would be acceptable :) I read about browsers that
> needed GTK (?) etc, but that sounded a little
> confusing to me, so I thought I'd ask the list's
> opinion.

You have a couple options.
1) install dillo locally on your hpcmips device (this requires several
other prerequisite packages, check the list archives)
2) ssh into a remote machine and run the browser on that machine, tunneled
back over ssh to your hpcmips device.  That's what I do at home, ssh into
my ultra5 and run mozilla on that, displayed back to my mobilepro, works
fine.

> 2) Can someone make an e-mail client recommendation
> for me?

mailman? majordomo?

> 3) Finally, is there any power management to speak of?
> Mikel's page mentions laptop power management, but I
> couldn't find anything hpcmips-specific.

the z50 I think has some suspend capabilities.
check out http://tux.org/~bball/z50/ for more info.

--
josh
	There are 10 types of people.  Those that understand binary,