Subject: Re: ibm z50 questions
To: jolan <jolan@enteract.com>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/15/2002 21:36:34
On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, jolan wrote:

> i recently installed the 1.5.3rc2 snapshot of netbsd with greg's patched
> 1.5-current kernel. my sincere thanks to the developers. everything
> works well, however i have a few questions:

gotta love those NetBSD developers, right?

> 1) how do i change the mixer settings? mixerctl reports no changeable
> values.

dunno... IIRC, don't think you can at this point..

> 2) is it possible to have more than one console? (or am i just
>    being stupid and experiencing a keyboard mapping issue?)

never tried/needed this features (i just pop up another xterm when i need
it)...

> 3) what's a good keymap for making page down/up work? (in the console)

again, dunno...

> 4) how do i turn on lcd blanking?

press the power button... but this also suspends... i don't recall there
being a command to turn off the LCD but still run the system... i do know
that even after a suspend for a week at a time, NetBSD restores with an
accurate system time...