Subject: Xhpc crashing after startx -- -broadcast
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Russell McManus <russell_mcmanus@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/18/2002 22:08:25
I'm running netbsd on a z50, everything 1.5.2 except for a hacked
kernel.  I can run X pretty well when I run it locally.  But when I
use xdm, I can log in sucessfully, and run rxvt.  But then Xhpc dies
after a short while, leaving an unreadable core file.

Anyone run into this problem before, or have any ideas how to proceed?

I thought about trying more recent software, because I know a bunch of
fixes have made it into the tree.  I tried to grab the latest Xhpc
from the snapshots directory on ftp.netbsd.org, but this didn't work,
as I suspected it would not.  Is anyone running successfully from a
recent snapshot?

-russ