Subject: Re: Mounting Filesystems
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/06/2002 17:30:58
On 06.05.02, 10:10:30, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
> > 	dos is partition 1 and bsd is partition 2. I have no swap, anyone
> > have problems with no swap?
> 	I used to run that way just fine. with the 4/19 snapshot on
> kame.naobsd.org; it seems to have problems installing without a swap
> partition, tho. :( :(

I thought that my 48 MB in the z50 would be enough without swap, but
some C++ programs really require huge amounts of memory to build (not
to run.) I could not build the fluxbox window manager even with 8 MB
local swap on the CF card. Lckily I can mount swap over nfs, if need
be, which works nicely.

I previously had a swap-less installation, which worked fine for the
most part.

--
Bernd Sieker

NetBSD: An Operating System For Everyone
		-- Mike Latinovich