Subject: Re: Serial ports missing
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Miles Nordin <carton@Ivy.NET>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 05/05/2002 17:16:49
I found the same problem with the 'com' driver not attaching sometimes
on my MobilePro 800.  Also, sometimes pbsdboot hangs with 'open
netbsd...' when I try to boot off an FFS partition, but works fine if
I boot off the wince '\Storage Card 2\' volume.  Neither was a problem
with -current around 1.4Z.

I found both problems go away if I always remove the main battery
before booting through wince, and both problems happen consistently if
I do not.  Rebooting with the KLOADER is no problem.

Also, I had to check ``Serial port on'' in pbsdboot.  With 1.4Z, I
left this field unchecked, and the 'com' driver still attached.

I did all this testing with the charger disconnected.

--
Government should restrict the power of the rich for the sake of the
many.  That's what the Athenian democracy was all about.  This is not