Subject: Re: dead computer
To: John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
From: Chris Jones <chris@cjones.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/18/2002 16:11:34
--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

On Thu, Apr 18, 2002 at 04:58:12PM -0500, John Utz wrote:

> i must take *minor* issue with your criticism of wince.
>=20
> but i spent three+ years as a wince person at BSQUARE ( helped to write
> the kernel debugger amoung other things ), so i have some fond memories of
> it.

Ah; what I was really complaining about is that my MobilePro is such a
slave to WinCE:  There's no doc for the (apparently proprietary) USB
controller, and resuming from hibernation jumps to a hard-coded
address in the ROM.  It offends my sense of reusability.

As far as WinCE is concerned, I only have two complaints:  It's
upsetting that they crippled it with respect to storage devices (can't
use hard drives, but can use (nearly identical) CF media); and it's
too bad that the UI is really lousy on things like the iPAQ.  But it
seems to work, which is saying a lot actually.

Chris

--=20
Chris Jones                                          Mad scientist at large
  www.netbsd.org www.postgresql.org www.schemers.org www.python.org

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX

--yNb1oOkm5a9FJOVX--