Subject: wince ethernet performance, and a deal on HDDs (was: Re: ne2k pcmcia cards for Wince 2.2)
To: Pavel Machek <pavel@suse.cz>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/16/2002 11:10:20
> Oh btw and linux did 500KB/sec on the same hardware, and that poor
> thing was running without interrupts. So its certainly CE problem.

yeah, I noticed the same thing when I was network-installing NetBSD on my
z50. it pegged my 10-base hub, and the FTP server (my workstation) reported
about the same figure you got. (which is about as fast as 10-base
half-duplex usually gets).

oh, and for anyone interested in such things; www.compgeeks.com has 8.1GB
IBM PCMCIA IDE drives (big external box with a PCMCIA adapter) for $68.75
http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp?invtid=34L4223

says it'll work under linux; so I'm guessing NetBSD support is there (could
it just show up as an ordinary IDE device?), or would be easy to add.

it may also be possible to subvert this chassis with a larger HDD... so
maybe you could attach a 48GB drive to your hpcmips device. ;>

Carl.
--
Network Engineer
Real-Time Enterprises