Subject: Re: ne2k pcmcia cards for Wince 2.2
To: None <bball@tux.org>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 04/08/2002 19:52:04
In message: <Pine.LNX.4.44.0204082246370.7394-100000@green.home.org>
            billy ball <bball@tux.org> writes:
: On Mon, 8 Apr 2002, Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote:
:
: > I had a Linksys ne2k clone pcmcia card that I used in my z50 (it was one of
: > the only cards wince supported). unfortunately, it was stolen; and I need a
: > replacement.
:
: don't you just *hate* that!
:
: > I see that mwave.com has a similar/same model for $45; but I'm not sure I
: > want the same model, since it had a huge dongle with both 10base2 and
: > 10baseT connectors.
:
: ugh! big dongles!
:
: > anyone have suggestions for wince-supported pcmcia cards? I'm not stuck on
: > ne2k or linksys.
:
: Xircom CF 10... comes with a PCMCIA adapter and may be used in the PCMCIA
: or CF slot (under NetBSD *or* if you [shudder] happen to use the z50's
: ROM'd CE3.0)...

The Xircom CF works on the ROM WinCE 2.1 that's in the z50's.  3.0
didn't happen until much later (although MS did release the host sync
tools 3.0 just to confuse things).

The Xircom CF also works under FreeBSD, WinCE 2.0 and I think WinCE
1.0, but my MobilePro 400 doesn't seem to work too well these days, so
I can't tell you for sure.  It also works on my PocketPC 2001.

Warner