Subject: 802.11 support?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@shikima.mine.nu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/27/2002 10:54:43
Hi there,

doubt you remember me, I was knocking on your doors last week
asking about good z50 replacements?

Settled for a MobilePro 800, got a good price on ebay
so thanks for all the suggestions.

I just need to beef it up before putting NetBSD on it - CF card for
storage (is 512Mb enough for a compiler and system sources, or
is that pushing it? Do people make 1Gb CF cards?) and a PCMCIA
802.11 card, and it'll be perfect.

Oh, and stick a bit of lead in the case - it's so light I
keep thinking it'll squirt water if I sqeeze it...

Just wondered what wireless NICs people have tried/had success with?

I'm a Lucent Orinoco fan myself, but didn't see them listed as
supported in INSTALL?
Or are they architecture-independent?

Since I've never even cross-compiled before, I don't want to make things
any more complicated than they need to be.

Thanks again guys.

--
"Listen to your heart, not the voices in your head".
                                    -- Marge Simpson