Subject: Re: Z50 - CF card or Microdrive?
To: HpcMIPS <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Mikel Waxler <waxor@waxor.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/24/2002 20:54:33
I found the CF disk to be a much better alternative.
Its solid state so if you drop it there is no risk the the drive, though I
think the microdrives are shock proof. Its nice peace of mind though.

The cf disks draw less power which means longer battery life.

Also cf is a bit cheaper per meg..
340md @ 135:  $.40 per meg
512cf @ 182:  $.35 per meg

The only disadvantage is that cf disks have a limited ammount of writes.
I'm guessing I will replace the z50 or it will die long before I get close
to that number of writes though, and if I do kill the disk I will just but
another cf disk that is 6 times as big for about 1/10 the cost.

Hampshire_College.student("Mikel Waxler")