Subject: Z50 - CF card or Microdrive?
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Robert Brown <shox@shox.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 03/23/2002 17:39:02
Hi folks.

I just got my Z50 and it looks great. Now comes the difficult question:
storage. Should I pick up a 340mb microdrive (Currently the Iomega drives
are going for $135 including shipping on Ebay) or should I spring for a
512mb CF card for $182?

I found this 4x write/8x read CF card on PriceWatch:
http://www.datadrive4all.com/index.cfm?t=pif&id=9495

Questions for the other Z50 owners:

Does the CF card use less power? Is the power savings significant?

Is the Microdrive faster than the CF card? The one listed above was 4x/8x.

Are there any other advantages/disadvantages to CF vs Microdrive?

Thanks and I look forward to getting NetBSD up and working ASAP!

-Robert

--
Robert Brown
Email:   shox@shox.org