Subject: Re: MobilePro 780 parts?
To: M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
From: katsumi liquer <katsumi@decepticonz.net>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/28/2002 19:45:36
M. Warner Losh (imp@village.org) wrote:
> In message: <20020228102856.A13668@decepticonz.net>
>             katsumi liquer <katsumi@decepticonz.net> writes:
> : Recently my mobile pro 780 has suffered some bizzare hardware problems,
> : and the main result of these problems are that I have a lot of 'dead'
> : keys on my keyboard. Certain keys just seem to have no effect at all,
> : while other ones cause incorrect characters to appear ( such as typing R
> : reads out '=7RS' ). I have disassembled it and examined everything, at
> : first I suspected that maybe the two ribbon cables connecting the
> : keyboard unit to the main board were not connecting properly -- but they
> : seem to be fine.
>
> I always found that connecting/disconnecting these cables to be a huge
> pita.

Yes.. it is really a strange setup. Each time I do it I think "how the
heck is it that the people in the factory actually manage to get this
thing together!?" It requires such strange techniques to assemble ;)

> Somewhere I think I have a broken 770 that I'd be willing to part out.

Yay! Do you have any ideas about what is broken on it? I suppose the
best broken bit would be the screen ( well, for my needs anyways ;) ..
but if you find it and you're willing to part with it ( or some of it )
let me know if we can work something out :)

> -h is what I Think you need.  I used to do serial consoles on my
>  Everex Manager E-15 (or whatever it was).  I think that some machines
>  are still serial console only because we don't know how to program
>  the video display.

Great! I will try this out tonight :)

--

email:katsumi@decepticonz.net || txtmsg:katsumi@vtext.com

"History is made at night. Character is what you are in the dark."