Subject: Re: Casio Cassiopeia BE-300
To: None <takemura_shin@hotmail.com>
From: M. Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 02/24/2002 18:06:29
imp> I was in fry's last night and found a Casio Cassiopeia BE-300.  It is
imp> a palm form factor.  It has a Vr4131 running at 168MHz, 16M ROM, 16M
imp> RAM, a CF type II slot and a USB docking cradle.
imp> Any chance this will work with NetBSD/hpcmips?

takemura> I don't know. But I've run NetBSD/hpcmips GENERIC kernel on
takemura> DoCoMo (OEM by NEC) SigmarionII which has a Vr4131 and
takemura> Windows CE 3.0 (H/PC 2000). So, I think BE-300 will possibly
takemura> work with NetBSD/hpcmips.

I'll have to try it and let people know how it works.  Or even if it
works.  To run applications from the CF card, you need to set things
up in a apecial way that I think I've decoded, but won't know for sure
it will work until I get time to actually test it.

Warner