Subject: Re: Z50 support questions.
To: Mikel Waxler <fox@bork.hampshire.edu>
From: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/24/2002 22:42:26
On Thu, 24 Jan 2002, Mikel Waxler wrote:

[snip xi driver question]

> Also a couple questions about CF storage. I went out and got a 128 cf card
> while I was still planning on running liunx. Is there a way to fit an X
> server on that disk or should I just get a 340mb Microdrive? If so, which
> install sets could I use a bare minimum?

a 340MB microdrive can host the entire NetBSD hpcmips distribution
(although there are more than 2 CDs full of extra packages)...

> Also where does one find tarballs of bsd stuff? is there an equivelent to
> sourceforge's collection for bsd?

pkg source... or if you want to build it, build it on your own! i built
fetchmail, style, diction, xmahjongg, pico, nano, and others...

> Finally what speeds do flash disks peak at? Mostly curiosity here, but I
> can ftp at about 400k from a switched machine and was wondering what was
> limiting the speed? CPU, ne driver or cf disk?

dunno... i'll leave it up to the experts...