Subject: Re: X on Z50 working
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/06/2002 10:31:49
On Fri, Jan 04, 2002 at 08:58:02PM -0500, josh wrote:
> Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom wrote...
> > Linux BIOS Project may be adaptable to this. unfortunately, I don't know
> > squat about BIOSes & bootloaders, so I won't be much help...
>
> AFAIK these WinCE devices don't have a BIOS.

exactly. that's what LinuxBIOS would give us, tho. if we can figure out how
to burn ROMs, we put LinuxBIOS on the ROM, and that gives a generalized
loader for whatever OS we put on the removable media.

only problem is that LinuxBIOS isn't a generalized loader yet... only
supports loading Linux (tho it shouldn't be hard to make it boot NetBSD, I'd
think).

Carl Soderstrom.
--
Network Engineer