Subject: X on Z50 working
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Diller <dillera@sudanacid.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/04/2002 16:38:22
Well, thanks for the many replies on getting X working as a non-root user.
It seems that how you start X has something to do with it, as well as the
perm on /dev/ttyE0.

Now -- one last thing: how can you emulate the 3rd mouse button in X?

Blackbox really needs that 3rd button, and I would like to cut and paste.
Anyone know a good way?

Lastly, I'm amazed at Greg's Aug 17 TP kernel. It works amazingly well on
my z50 with 1.5.2. I'm even pulling down a large package (mozilla) and
sshing into the z50 and the cursor behaves very well except during high
network activity. The disk writes don't seem to bother it.

Now I just need to be able to use the two buttons on the z50 as a chorded
middle button and I'm ready to really use this.

-andy diller