Subject: Re: Problem installing on z50 -- uh oh i really did it now...
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Steve K <skrul@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/04/2002 11:01:10
Now I think I'm in trouble.  I tried creating a 5MB MSDOS parition and the rest
NetBSD parition with fdisk -i... after I rebooted, CE would offer to format the
disk for me -- but then would never say that it was done formatting.  A removal
and reinsert of the card would create a "Storage Card2" folder and I would be
prompted once again to format.  Clicking Yes would yield the same results.

I put the CF card into the Win2000 laptop and accessing the card would freeze
explorer.  Attempted to remove the card froze the entire system.

Now I've booted back into NetBSD, and when I insert the card and try to run
either fdisk or disklabel I get the error:

# fdisk -i /dev/wd0
fdisk: /dev/wd0d: Device not configured

# disklabel -i /dev/wd0
disklabel: /dev/wd0d: Device not configured

sysinst says "I can not find any hard disks for use by NetBSD"

Did I fry my CF card?  Anyone know any Windows or DOS programs that can be used
to wipe the CF card?

thanks,
-steve