Subject: RE: Problem installing on z50
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Steve K <skrul@yahoo.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 01/04/2002 09:44:28
Unfortunately, I only have a Win2000 laptop available to me and it won't let me
create any partition that does not take up the entire disk (to my suprise).
I've also tried Partition Magic but that won't even show the CF disk as
something it wants to play with.

Could it have something to do with the geometry of the disk?  Sysinst always
complains that it can't "determine the BIOS geometry of the disk".  It says the
physical geometry is 978 cylinders 8 sectors 32 heads... and then says its
guess of the BIOS geometry is 15 cylinders 255 sectors and 63 heads.  Are
either of these geometries correct for a 128MB CF card?

-steve