Subject: Best hpcmips machine to get
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/14/2001 16:42:54
I'm wondering what the best hpcmips machine to get.  As you may know,
I recently trashed my MC/R430 (aka NEC Mobile Pro 780) and efforts to
get parts have proven futile so far.  I'm thinking that maybe I'll
find parts, and maybe I won't.  Sadly, I can't even come close to
booting w/o a screen :-(.

I'm thinking of the 790, but since I'm going to buy a "new" unit
anyway, I'm wondering if there might be a better one available.  I
really like the size of the 780/790 and its speed.  However, I only
have 32MB of RAM and maybe a "faster" machine will be one with more
RAM.

I'm also thinking it might not be bad to have a builder box and a
mobile box, so maybe a z50 might not be a bad builder box.  Or maybe a
MobilePro 880.

Other ideas?

Warner