Subject: ppp on Compaq C-Series 2010c problems
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/11/2001 18:30:26
Hi,

I'm trying to get a ppp link up between my normal "PC" (running
NetBSD-1.5.2) and a Compaq C-Series handheld running the TX3912 kernel
distributed with the normal NetBSD-1.5.2/hpcmips distribution.

It has ppp support, and I also use pbsdboot1.exe to have the serial
port enabled and I can use a getty on port ttyTX00 just fine. (Using
minicom on the "PC".)

When I try to setup ppp, though, I can see (using the debug option) a
lot LCP messages, but after some time it always fails, either with
"timeout sending Config-Requests" or with "no network protocols
running". I have tried every ppp option I could think of, but nothing
works.

ppp under WinCE with the same PC as ppp-peer works fine (although that
needs a funny chat script), even at 115k2 bps, but NetBSD/hpcmips
won't even connect as low as 9k6.

The C2010c lacking a second PCMCIA slot or a dedicated CF slot, I need
to use the PCMCIA slot for the CF "disk", but would like to have
networking, still.

Has anyone such a setup running and could send me the ppp-options
files?

I would happily use slip instead of ppp, but the TX3912 kernel, the
only one running on this machine so far, lacks slip support.

I guess I _could_ netboot the machine without a CF card, and build a
new kernel via nfs, that has slip support, and write that to the CF
card, ... oh well.

My preferred option is to get ppp working, though.

Kind regards,

Bernd

--
Bernd Sieker