Subject: Re: selecting an hpc
To: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
From: Alex Chan <alexchan@cs.umd.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 11/01/2001 17:02:51
790 has a built-in flash memory.  I'm not sure how much but I think it's
32MB.  This allows you to keep preferences, bootloader, and install kernel
"permanently" on the machine, while you use the CF or PCMCIA card entirely
for the netbsd filesystem.  Maybe someone with a 790 can comment on if
this is accurate or not.

I don't actually have a 790 (they are still very expensive).  I had a 770
and 780 and ended up keeping the 780 because it was faster.  Sort of sad
to see the MIPS MobilePro's go.

-alex