Subject: Re: z50 and NetBSD newbie questions
To: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
From: Jason Simpson <jason@xio.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/30/2001 16:52:18
> > ... are there any video acceleration features of the hardware?  :)  IIRC,
>
> considering that even IBM's new X-series laptops don't have any hardware
> video accelleration, I doubt that the z50 does. :)

It's alluded to here:
 http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~lemieux/z50/

Most specifically, in the locally mirrored copy of the IT8181F manual:
 http://www.eecg.toronto.edu/~lemieux/z50/ITE8181F-2.pdf
 9th page, (#143):

"This programming guide describes what register should be programmed to
set the 640x480x8, 640x480x16, 800x600x8 and 800x600x16 modes. Note that
2D acceleration register programming guide is excluded."

Thanks for the helpful replies. Still trying to figure out how to get
a cross-compilation environment set up.

	-jrs