Subject: Compaq 2010c, CompactFlash and PCMCIA ...
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Bernd Sieker <bsieker@freenet.de>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/10/2001 23:04:39
Hi,

I have just bought a Compaq 2010c from ebay (basic model with 20 MB)
and I am bit confused about CF cards and PCMCIA cards (meaning the
information I got off the net, even the specs sheet from Compaq
themselves and not very clear).

It seems that this is the only model available in Europe that has a
working Xserver.

I understand the 2010c has only one PCMCIA slot, which I intend to use
for a network (Ethernet or wireless) card. But I probably also need a
128M CF card as a "disk" to install the NetBSD system to. Does the
machine have a dedicated slot for CF cards or do I have to put them
into a PCMCIA/CF adaptor (losing the PCMCIA slot for network cards)?

Regards,

Bernd

--
Bernd Sieker