Subject: Re: How do I find battery life?
To: John Utz <john@utzweb.net>
From: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 10/05/2001 15:51:16
In message <Pine.LNX.4.33.0110051644410.11936-100000@jupiter.linuxengine.net> John Utz writes:
: warner, are you building your hpcmips stuff on a FreeBSD box?

No.  After my 38 hour build on my hpcmips machine, however, that is a
viable option for me :-)

I've built the kernel in the past using cross tools until I could get
it booting.  Then, I just built the NetBSD tools on FreeBSD and used a
spec file to define the right things and also to build the right
things.  Hmmm, maybe I did it with the FreeBSD toolchain back when it
supported MIPS.  I can't recall for sure now.

: if so, are you building your toolchain from source?

There's a hpcmips package for NetBSD/i386 floating around somewhere.
I don't have this.

My plan is to extract NetBSD/i386 from a convenient snapshot, and try
to run that in a chroot env.  If I can do that, then I'll install the
hpcmips cross tools and use them to build everything.

My 900MHz machine is quite a bit faster than the the hpcmips machine
:-(.

Warner