Subject: One more problem :-)
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/26/2001 09:35:10
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Paul Chakravarti wrote:
>

> > On Tuesday, September 25, 2001, at 10:45 AM, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> > >
> > > Second, I'm running out of disk space, so I'd like to mount another
> > > machine via NFS...  The NFS server is running on my primary machine at
> > > home (and I can mount it from other machines), but this is what I'm
> > > getting:
> > >
> > > #  mount -t nfs 192.168.0.1:/home /sorrow/home/
> > > mount_nfs: can't access /home: Protocol not supported
> > >

> > I had the same problem using the pocketbsd userland with the
> > 1.5.2 kernel (actually Greg Hughes' z50 trackpoint kernel) - the
> > problem went away when I reinstalled using the 1.5.2 userland
> > sets.
> >
> > It doesn't look like the pocketbsd sets have been updated for
> > a while and it is probably safest to keep the kernel/userland
> > in sync.
>
> The problem (for me) was the lack of rpcbind (formerly portmapper) in the
> small base install.  I was able to copy it off and, voila, NFS worked.

Though I can now NFS mount other unix boxes, I can't seem to unmount them
short of a reboot :-)

Running this command:

$ umount /sorrow/home

Gives me an error message about /sorrow/home not being mounted (though, of
course, just running 'mount' shows that it is).  Has anyone encountered
this before?

Adam