Subject: Re: A few quick questions...
To: Paul Chakravarti <pc000@passtheaardvark.com>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/25/2001 22:55:23
On Tue, 25 Sep 2001, Paul Chakravarti wrote:

> On Tuesday, September 25, 2001, at 10:45 AM, Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:
> >
> > Second, I'm running out of disk space, so I'd like to mount another
> > machine via NFS...  The NFS server is running on my primary machine at
> > home (and I can mount it from other machines), but this is what I'm
> > getting:
> >
> > #  mount -t nfs 192.168.0.1:/home /sorrow/home/
> > mount_nfs: can't access /home: Protocol not supported
> >

> I had the same problem using the pocketbsd userland with the
> 1.5.2 kernel (actually Greg Hughes' z50 trackpoint kernel) - the
> problem went away when I reinstalled using the 1.5.2 userland
> sets.
>
> It doesn't look like the pocketbsd sets have been updated for
> a while and it is probably safest to keep the kernel/userland
> in sync.

The problem (for me) was the lack of rpcbind (formerly portmapper) in the
small base install.  I was able to copy it off and, voila, NFS worked.
Basically, I was able to resolve all my problems (rdate, fetchmail, nfs,
etc.) except for dhclient...  Even after trying Carl's suggestion, it
didn't work.  Instead, the client seems to enter this loop of continuously
looking for my server.  But that was the least of my problems, so I'm
doing really good :-)

Anyway, I'm really happy with what I'm seeing, so I think it's time to get
a MicroDrive :-)

Adam