Subject: Re: z50 lockup on screenblank
To: Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom <chrome@real-time.com>
From: Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/24/2001 13:51:04
In message <20010924144226.F10679@real-time.com> Carl Wilhelm Soderstrom writes:
: so it's not *impossible* (as in, hitting the suspend button causes a jump to
: a memory address which is in ROM and we can't do anything to stop it); we
: just need to figure out what wince does at that piece of ROM, and implement
: it ourselves, so we can wake up from this hibernation mode?

It will be very very hard.  When the "resume" event comes in, that
goes via the ROM vector.  So, that will be hard to hook into,
especially in a WinCE version independent way and likely will impose
memory layout restrictions that may be impossible to satisfy with NetBSD.

: how easy is it to just make it hibernate (without the resume functionality)?
: I realize this is kind of useless; but I'm just curious. :)

Hibernation, at least with the Vr4111 is trivial.  It is waking up
that is hard.

Warner