Subject: Re: ne2000 driver problem.
To: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
From: Adam K Kirchhoff <adamk@voicenet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/21/2001 09:09:28
On Fri, 21 Sep 2001, billy ball wrote:

> i tried various pcmcia cards, such as linksys combo 10/100 +56K
> (nic/modem), and 10/100 EtherFast networking cards w/o success, along with
> an old 3Com and a Sohoware...

I tried a linksys and 3com as well last night, to no avail, but I wasn't
really surprised.  The 3com isn't ne2000 compatible and I doubt the
linksys is (at least, the linksys I used), since it wouldn't work under
WinCE either.

> the only card that works for me is the
> Xircom CF Ethernet (which works under CE and NetBSD)...
>
> :-(

Well, purchasing that card is certainly another option.  That just means
I'll have to put of the purchase of the microdrive :-)

Adam

BTW, you have a great website on getting NetBSD working on the z50 :-)