Subject: Re: Z50: hpcmips page & audio????
To: JS <yorick@wwa.com>
From: Greg Hughes <greg@particle.dyndns.org>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/05/2001 11:01:02
Could you give me a quick rundown of the hardware components you're using
with your z50?

From what I've seen on my own machine the mouse should be pretty smooth in
all but high-volume interrupt situations (e.g. network or disk IO).

One of the problems with the z50 design is that they attached the
TrackPoint to the vr4121's debug serial interface unit.  This serial unit
only has a 1 byte buffer, so sometimes it drops bytes (overruns) if the
interrupt handler doesn't get around to them in time.

I was trying to get rid of or minimize that problem, but it looks like
I'll have to move over to a polling design to get 100% reliability from
the trackpoint.

- Greg