Subject: Re: Z50: hpcmips page & audio????
To: JS <yorick@wwa.com>
From: billy ball <bball@staffnet.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/05/2001 11:03:56
On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, JS wrote:

> > ah! but there *is* trackpoint support on the z50 under NetBSD and X!!!!
> > follow the link on the hpcmips port page to greg's page w/a compiled
> > GENERIC kernel that supports the TrackPoint!!!
>
> Kind of- try it.   When I boot from the kernel with support (the one with LCD
> power save, the other wasn't out when I played with it) or try to compile my
> own, the mouse sort of works.   The mouse moves jerkily in _roughly_ the
> direction you'd expect if you flipped right with left and up with down.   It's
> too jerky to be usable for me.   I suppose it's possible that I have bad
> hardware; let me know what your experience is.   I'll screw around with it some
> more when work lets up.

hmmm.. the only time the mouse jerks is when there's a bit of drive or net
activity... otherwise, seems to work fine for me (i hacked Netscape.ad to
use 8-point fonts for menus and net-launch the app off the server for
browsing... works great!)...

make sure to use the latest GENERIC kernel from greg's page...

i'm continually amazed by NetBSD on the z50...

:-)

regards,

billy ball