Subject: Re: Z50: hpcmips page & audio????
To: billy ball <bball@tux.org>
From: JS <yorick@wwa.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 09/05/2001 08:18:21
> ah! but there *is* trackpoint support on the z50 under NetBSD and X!!!!
> follow the link on the hpcmips port page to greg's page w/a compiled
> GENERIC kernel that supports the TrackPoint!!!

Kind of- try it.   When I boot from the kernel with support (the one with LCD
power save, the other wasn't out when I played with it) or try to compile my
own, the mouse sort of works.   The mouse moves jerkily in _roughly_ the
direction you'd expect if you flipped right with left and up with down.   It's
too jerky to be usable for me.   I suppose it's possible that I have bad
hardware; let me know what your experience is.   I'll screw around with it some
more when work lets up.

-Jed