Subject: z50 successes and one wscons question
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: None <sc843@bard.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/29/2001 23:40:34
Dear mailing list,

NetBSD on the z50 is great! My ethernet card works great (thanks to Jun Ebihara
for that) and everything is actually surprisingly speedy - I guess Microsoft
OSs have made me lose track of how powerful 131MHz really are.

Also, the 32MB upgrade works, which is a huge advantage (it means I almost
never have to use swap.) I have successfully compiled Perl 5.006 on the
machine, as well as the Nano text editor and a new version of texinfo.
Beautiful.

But anyway, I am wondering why ctrl-alt-Ax (Ax being the z50 equivalent of Fx)
does not switch to a different virtual terminal? /etc/wscons.conf has multiple
terminals enabled, but pressing the sequence does nothing. Do I need a special
keymap for the z50?

Nevertheless, the machine is now very useful. Thank you all very much.

Sincerely,
Sean Callanan