Subject: Install on z50 with 3c574
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Sean Callanan <sc843@bard.edu>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 07/25/2001 02:08:49
Dear mailing list:

I have an IBM WorkPad z50 with 48MB RAM, a 1GB CompactFlash MicroDrive and
a 3Com EtherExpress III (3c574, supported according to the
Platform-Independent PCMCIA drivers page by the ep driver).

I downloaded the NetBSD 1.5.1 install image from the FTP site so as to
install NetBSD via FTP; however, I will need the ethernet card for this
task. When I boot the image using pbsdboot, NetBSD does not recognize it,
and therefore I cannot continue.

What do I need to do to get Setup to recognize my 3c574?

Sincerely,

Sean Callanan

--
"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that none of it
has tried to contact us." -- Calvin (www.calvinandhobbes.com)