Subject: Re: wavelan
To: DP <dp@recycled.net>
From: Adam Laurie <adam@algroup.co.uk>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/27/2001 18:47:59
DP wrote:

> NetBSD/hpcmips prior to a certain point will not work with a wi card. A
> minor fix to the driver and a recompile of the kernel, ifconfig, and
> wiconfig fixed it. There should be information in the mailing list archives
> about it. I -thought- this was fixed in 1.5 but I could be mistaken; it's
> certainly fixed in post-1.5 snapshots and 1.5.1_BETA2.
>
> It works fine for me in a Mobilepro 770 and 800.

ditto for me in 780 & 790 (1.5U). not sure if this ever effected netbsd,
but under freebsd old firmware wavelan cards with o/s recent drivers
would crash when you set the card into ibss creation mode. applying the
lucent firmware flash update fixed it.

cheers,
Adam
--
Adam Laurie                   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755
A.L. Digital Ltd.             Fax: +44 (20) 8742 5995