Subject: Re: Battery drain
To: None <port-hpcmips@netbsd.org>
From: Mark Wutka <mark@wutka.com>
List: port-hpcmips
Date: 06/08/2001 13:34:48
> One thing which does help, however -- if you are using a PCMCIA nic card,
before you suspend disable the card by doing >'ifconfig ne0 down' ( or
whatever interface you have ). The netbsd pages specify that this is
supposed to help, but I can't find >verification for HPCmips ( it does seem
to give me more battery time though ). This is one thing I think would be
cool to get >working -- just a tool to do a suspend which is actually
equivalent to a CE suspend ( those could last forever, so I know their >must
be a difference! )

Yeah, I do have a nic card in there. I'll try suspending it. In fact, I
don't use it too often, it's probably best to just keep it suspended until I
really need it. It would be nice if there were something like an rc.suspend
and rc.resume so we could do things automatically like that. Of course, for
all I know, there may be such a thing.. I haven't looked. :-)
   Mark